Video:Set up Windows Live Mail in Vistawith Don Schechter
Are you ready to get started in Windows Live Mail? Learn how ot set up your email account and send and organize mail in Windows Live Mail for Vista.See Transcript
Transcript:Set up Windows Live Mail in VistaHi, I'm Don Schechter for About.com Computing. Today, I will show you how to set up Windows Live Mail in Vista. Windows Live Mail is an updated version of Windows Mail, and will soon be replacing Outlook Express in Windows XP.
Open Windows Live Mail
- CLICK Start menu
- TYPE 'Windows Live Mail' in search box at bottom
- CLICK Windows Live Mail at the top of menu
- CLICK Sign Up (choose free version of Hotmail or Hotmail Plus for $19.95/year)*
- TYPE personal information and Windows ID (it will be denied until you pick an ID, no one else already has)
- CLICK 'I Accept'
- CHOOSE Classic or Full Version**
**The classic option allows you to read and manage your mail simply. The full version allows you to preview, drag and drop or auto-fill email addresses.
Sending Email in Windows Live Mail
- CLICK 'New' on the toolbar to write an e-mail
- TYPE the e-mail address of the person you want to contact
- TYPE a subject
- TYPE a message in the large text box
- CLICK Send
Deleting Email in Windows Live Mail
- CLICK the box next to the message(s) you want to delete
- CLICK the 'Delete' button on the tool bar
Moving Mail to Different Folders
- CLICK to check box next to email you want to move
- CLICK 'Move To' from the tool bar
- CLICK on the folder you would like you e-mail to go to
Thanks for watching. For more information, please visit us online at computing.about.com.
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.