Video:Schedule a Daily Automatic Task in Windows Vistawith Don Schechter
Need some help keeping up with your busy calendar? These handy automatic tasks will help you stay on top of everything. Learn how to schedule a daily automatic task in Windows.See Transcript
Transcript:Schedule a Daily Automatic Task in Windows VistaHi I'm Don Schechter for About.com Computing. Today, I'm going to show you how to schedule an automatic daily task in Windows.
Open the Start Menu
- RIGHT-CLICK start button
- CLICK 'Properties'
- CLICK Start tab
- CLICK Start Menu option
Start a Task
- CLICK Start button
- CLICK Search
- TYPE 'man' in search box
- DOUBLE-CLICK on 'Computer Management'
- CLICK 'Continue'
- CLICK 'Task Scheduler' on left panel
- CLICK 'Create Task' on right panel
- TYPE name and information about task
- CLICK the Triggers, Action, Condition or Settings tab based on what you want to do
Set an Automatic Task Date
- CLICK Triggers tab
- CLICK New
- TYPE start and end time/date for the task and whether it occurs once, daily, monthly, etc.
- CLICK 'OK'
Choose an Action for the Task
- CLICK Actions tab
- CLICK New button
- CLICK Start a Program
- CLICK Browse to find program you want
- OPEN program you want
Adjust the Daily Task Conditions
- CLICK Conditions tab to adjust more preferences, such as limiting the task to when your computer is not idle or on AC power.
Adjust the Daily Task Settings
- CLICK Settings Tab to adjust additional options for your task.
Edit the Task
- DOUBLE-CLICK Task Scheduler on left panel of the Computer Management Console window
- DOUBLE-CLICK Task Library
- DOUBLE-CLICK on you task on the list to edit it.
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.