Video:How to Change Windows XP Sound Effectswith Don Schechter
It's easy to change Windows XP sound effects to one of the many options provided on the computer system. See how to change Windows XP sound effects to noises or sounds that you prefer.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Change Windows XP Sound EffectsHi, I'm Don Schechter for About.com Computing. Today I'm going to show you how to change Sound Effects in Windows XP. If the default sounds on your computer are driving you crazy, use these steps to customize your computer.
Steps to Change Windows XP Sound Effects
- Click Start Menu / Settings / Control Panel / Sounds and Audio Devices
- Click Sound tab
- Click sound you want to change from list
- Click on play button on the bottom to hear the sound you've selected
- Click 'Browse' button to find a .wav sound to exchange for the current sound effect
- Click 'Save As' button
- Type name for the sound effect
- Click 'OK'
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.