Video:How to Make Snow-Day Crockpot Beef Stewwith Ibn Morgan
Snow-day crockpot beef stew is a hearty, warming meal that you can make with minimal effort. This crockpot beef stew is perfect for a snow day, when you'd rather be outside playing than indoors cooking.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Make Snow-Day Crockpot Beef StewHi, this is Ibn with About.com and today I am going to teach you how to make Snow Day Beef Stew.
Ingredients for the Snow-Day Crockpot Beef StewYou will need:
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots sliced on a diagonal about 1/4-inch thick
- 3 to 4 medium potatoes peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 ounces of sliced mushrooms
- 2 pounds of lean boneless beef round, trimmed and cut into 1-inch cubes, or lean stew beef
- 1/4 cup of all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of dried leaf thyme crumbled
- 1 can of stewed tomatoes
- 3 cups of water
- 1/4 cup red wine or beef broth
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 1 tbsp of salt
Make the Snow-Day Crockpot Beef StewWash the beef and cut beef down the center. Then cut the beef into 1-inch cubes by making five vertical cuts in the beef and five horizontal cuts.
Add onion, carrots, potatoes, and mushrooms in a crockpot. Pour 1/4 cup of flour into a small bowl. Dip beef cubes in the flour and add to crockpot. Sprinkle mix with thyme.
Add one can of tomatoes and beef broth. You can also use wine. Then add three cups of water. Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours. Cook for four to six hours if set on high.
Add 1 cup of thawed peas and stir. Cook until peas are heated for 10-15 minutes. The meat is ready to eat once it turns brown. Serve over rice or pasta.
Thanks for watching. To learn more, visit us on the web at About.com.