Video:How to Make Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soupwith Matt Edige
Learn how to make crockpot chicken noodle soup by following these helpful instructions. Here, see a step-by-step tutorial on making crockpot chicken noodle soup.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Make Crockpot Chicken Noodle SoupHi, I'm Matt Ediger for About.com and this is how to make chicken noodle soup in your crock-pot.
Ingredients for Making Crockpot Chicken Noodle SoupFor this recipe you will need the following:
- 2 ½ lbs chicken pieces: I would use skinless pieces as there isn't much flavor imparted by the skin when boiling. Dark meat is okay too, thighs and legs have a lot of flavor, but if you’re trying to stay healthy there’s no better option than plain breasts.
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups chicken broth: You can use any broth you like we've chosen low fat
- 1 tsp season salt
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 1 leek or small onion: Different onions have different flavors white’s have a stronger flavor, while yellows and reds are milder
- 1 carrot
- 2 celery stalks
- ¼ cup parsley
- ½ tsp dried marjoram or basil
- 1 bay leaf
- 6oz noodles: Egg noodle are the classic stand by, but don't be afraid to branch out, if you do keep in mind it may effect cooking time, so it may be wise to cook them separately and add them before serving.
Instructions for Making Crockpot Chicken Noodle SoupDue to the size of our crock-pot we've cut the recipe in half if you have a larger crock-pot you can follow the recipe exactly. What I love about crock-pot cooking is that there is very little work needed, you just dump everything into the crock-pot except for the noodles and let it cook for 5-6 hours. After that time remove the Chicken and bay leaf, cut up the chicken remove any bones Since we've used chicken breasts this isn’t an issue, put the cut up meat back into the pot with the noodles and let cook for another half hour to hour. You can also cook the noodles separately and add them just before serving.
We hope you’ll enjoy this recipe, if you'd like to learn more please find us on the web at About.com