Video:How to Make Corn and Black Bean Salsawith Barbara Jean
Learn how to make a corn and black bean salsa that will impress your family and friends. Here, see step-by-step instructions for making corn and black bean salsa.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Make Corn and Black Bean SalsaHi I'm Barbara Jean for About.com. Here's a healthy, tasty alternative to sauces and butter for your next meal. It's Corn and Black Bean Salsa.
Ingredients for Corn and Black Bean SalsaHere's a list of ingredients that you'll need:
- 3 to 4 small ears of fresh corn
- 1 16-ounce can of black beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1 large tomato diced and seeded
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 2 to 3 tablespoons finely minced jalapeno or Poblano pepper. Be sure to handle your peppers carefully and wash your hands before touching your eyes. The pepper juice is very potent and can sting.
- About 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Making Corn and Black Bean SalsaLet's start off with some fresh corn on the cob. Be sure to buy corn with fresh green husks. If the husks are removed the corn has probably aged prematurely. You'll need to cook your corn within 24 hours of purchase. Remove the husks and corn silk and drop them into unsalted boiling water. Do not add salt to the corn because it will make the corn tough. Boil the corn for 10 to 15 minutes and be sure not to overcook them. Remove the corn and let them cool completely. Now take your cooled corn, and with a sharp knife carefully cut off the corn from each side of the cob from top to bottom and place the corn in a bowl. Add your beans, tomato, garlic, lime juice, cilantro, peppers and salt and pepper to taste. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour then serve. Thanks for watching. To learn more visit us on the web at About.com
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.