Video:How to Make Bacon-Wrapped Shrimpwith Dorothy Kazel
Bacon-wrapped shrimp explode with flavor and are a crowd-pleasing appetizer for parties. Learn how to make these delicious bacon-wrapped shrimp.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Make Bacon-Wrapped ShrimpHello, I'm Dorothy Kazel for About.com. Today we are going to make 8 savory bacon-wrapped shrimp. This recipe is from About.com's Southern food site.
Ingredients for the Bacon-Wrapped ShrimpThe ingredients you will need are:
- 1 orange, sectioned, seeded and chopped
- 1 hot red chile, stemmed and chopped
- 2 scallions, white and green parts, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 large shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 3 to 4 slices bacon, cut into 2 to 3-inch sections
- 8 leaves bibb or Boston lettuce
Make the Bacon-Wrapped ShrimpIn preparation for your bacon-wrapped shrimp, preheat the broiler. In a bowl, stir together the chopped orange, chile, scallions, cilantro, olive oil, and salt and pepper.
Wrap each shrimp in a section of bacon and secure with a toothpick. Put the shrimp on a baking sheet and broil, turning once, until the bacon is crisp and the shrimp is cooked through, 2 to 3 minutes each side.
Serve the Bacon-Wrapped ShrimpServe the shrimp by laying a lettuce leaf on the cutting board. Remove the toothpick from 1 of the cooked shrimp and center the shrimp on the lettuce leaf.
Spoon a little of the citrus sauce on top, wrap it all up in the lettuce like a burrito, and put it seam-side down on a plate. Keep going in the same way to wrap all of the shrimp. Serve hot.
Thanks for watching, to learn more, visit us on the web at About.com.
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.