Video:Keep Scorpions Away From Homewith Judy Hedding
Control scorpions in your home with these common sense tips. You can easily apply these scorpion control practices to avoid pests in your home.See Transcript
Transcript:Keep Scorpions Away From HomeThere are some common sense tips that will help control scorpions and keep them away from your home.
Scorpion Control in Your Home
- Close or caulk door openings, screen openings and window cracks so scorpions can't get into the house.
- Dust and vacuum in corners and normally undisturbed places where scorpions hide.
- Eliminate the scorpion's prey (crickets, spiders, and other insects) by using common pesticides.
- Common pesticides don't work well on scorpions. Contact a professional pest control company if considering applying chemicals.
- Eliminate outdoor places where scorpions can hide, such as trash piles, rock piles, decaying wood or piles of junk.
- Don't walk around the house at night in bare feet.
- A professional pest control company can do a "black light" inspection to determine if there is a scorpion infestation, since scorpions glow.
Thanks for watching. To learn more, visit About.com
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.