Video:Meanings of 10 Most Popular Flowers for Married Coupleswith Shaneca Mason
There are plenty of reasons to give flowers as a gift beyond the fact that they look and smell nice. Most flowers also have symbolic meanings. Here's a guide to the meanings of some of the most popular flowers given as gifts to married couples.See Transcript
Transcript:Meanings of 10 Most Popular Flowers for Married CouplesHi, I'm Shaneca Mason for About.com. Flower-giving is a beautiful way to cultivate affection and love in your marriage. Venture deeper into this form of expression by choosing flowers that pair with the message of your heart.
Popular Flower Meanings
- Roses: Roses are classic and beloved among married couples. Each color holds its own special meaning. Red roses signify love and passion. Light pink signifies sweetness and grace. Yellow roses represent joy. White and red roses, when presented together, express unity.
- Stargazer Lilies: The Stargazer lily is a widely enjoyed flower, characterized by a light, yet bold, aroma. White Stargazers symbolize purity and virtue. Pink Stargazers symbolize romance and prosperity.
- Calla Lilies: The Calla lily is a flower of elegance signifying magnificent beauty. Express admiration for your spouse's beauty with a large bouquet of Calla lilies.
- Orchids: Orchids represent rare beauty and strength.
- Hydrangeas: Hydrangeas symbolize an overflow of heartfelt emotions for one's love.
- Tulips: Tulips are a declaration of love, symbolizing perfect love. Red tulips represent this and also symbolize fame. Yellow tulips give tribute to a spouse's sunny smile.
- Lilacs: Lilacs symbolize first love and youthfulness.
- Carnations: The white carnation is a good choice to give within the marriage relationship, as it represents faithfulness and fascination.
- Alstroemeria: Alstroemeria, sometimes known as the Peruvian Lily, represents love and devotion; and is also representative of wealth.
- Sunflowers: Sunflowers sing a song of radiant life, as they are a flower that turns to constantly follow the sun. Sunflowers express happiness and a true adoration of your spouse.