Video:How to Make Low-Fat Mini Chicken Meatloafwith Michael Britton
Meatloaf can be a delicious dish, but it's often pretty high in fat. A good way to cut down on that is to make a low-fat chicken meatloaf. Here is a quick and easy recipe for a low-fat mini chicken meatloaf.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Make Low-Fat Mini Chicken MeatloafHi, I'm Gina Miller with About.com food and today I'm making a low-fat version of meatloaf: mini chicken meatloaf.
Chicken Meatloaf is Low-Fat and EasyThis low fat mini chicken meatloaf recipe is all about portion control. It's a great alternative to the usual ground beef recipe and, best of all, it cooks in about half the time of regular meatloaf.
Low-Fat Mini Chicken Meatloaf IngredientsThe Ingredients you will need are:
- 1 pound extra-lean ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped red peppers
- 1/2 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato ketchup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Ground black pepper to taste