Video:Wrap Text Effect in Photoshopwith Don Schechter
Wrapping text in creative ways adds a fun and playful quality to a picture. Learn how to wrap text around an object using three different effects in Adobe Photoshop.See Transcript
Transcript:Wrap Text Effect in PhotoshopHi, I'm Don Schechter for About.com Computing. Today I am going to show you how to take text and wrap it around an object using Adobe Photoshop. There are actually a few ways to do this, some easier than others. Here is an easy way.
Add Text to a Photo
- OPEN Photoshop
- CLICK File / Open
- SELECT Picture
- CLICK New Layer icon on the bottom right of the screen.
- CLICK Window / Character and choose font, character size and color (this can be changed again at any time)
- CLICK Text Tool in the toolbox (left)
- CLICK on you image and type text
- CLICK the Move tool then CLICK and DRAG text to where you want it
Wrap Effect 1: Bending Text
- CLICK Layer / Type / Warp Text
- CHOOSE option from the Style pop-up menu.
Wrap Effect 2: Horizontal and Vertical Text
- CLICK Arch
- CLICK "Horizontal" or "Vertical" box
- ADJUST Horizontal and Vertical Distortion in their respective sliders
- ADJUST Bend Slider to change bend
Wrap Effect 3: Rotating Text
- CLICK File / Edit / Transform / Rotate
- CLICK and DRAG outside of text box to rotate
- DOUBLE CLICK inside box to keep rotation
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.