Video:Proper Form in Kick Boxingwith Ann Erik
Kick Boxing is a great form of exercise, but to maximize the benefits of any exercise, you must observe proper form. This video demonstrates nine common mistakes in form and nine tips for preventing these mistakes.See Transcript
Transcript:Proper Form in Kick BoxingHi I'm Ann Erik for About.com Health.
Why do Kick Boxing?Kick Boxing is a great form of exercise. Not only does it give your heart a good work out, but it also tones all the muscles in your body. Just be sure to avoid these common mistakes.
Nine Tips for Proper Form in Kick Boxing:
- Don't shrug your shoulders, keeps them down and relaxed.
- Make sure your elbows are not too high. They should be tight against your rib cage.
- Don't slouch. Keep your abs tight.
- Never fully extend your joints. Always keep a slight bend in your elbows and your knees.
- Don't drop your guard, keep your fists chin level.
- Don't swing your head. Keep your head steady and gaze focused.
- Don't throw out your punches, keep them controlled.
- Don't keep your weight in your toes, keep it in your heels.
- Don't kick with straight legs. Always kick with a bent knee.