Video:Texas Longhorn Chili Dipwith Gina Miller
Texas Longhorn Chili makes a really delicious dip for a football game or other home event. See how to prepare Texas Longhorn Chili Dip in just a few very easy steps.See Transcript
Transcript:Texas Longhorn Chili DipHi, I am Gina miller with About.com Food. Today we’re going to make Texas Longhorn Chili Dip.
Chili Dip IngredientsTo make the Longhorn Chili you will need:
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1/2 cup Chopped White Onions
- 2 Tablespooon of Ancho or Regular Chili Powder
- 1 Teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Teaspoon of Cracked Red Pepper
- 2 Teaspoons of Course Salt
- 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Small Serrano Pepper chopped fine
- 2 Tablespoons of chopped garlic
- 1 14 oz can of stewed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 8 oz package Cream Cheese
- 8 oz yellow or white cheese shredded
Brown Meat in a SkilletIn a skillet brown the ground meat and onions until cooked, drain off any excess oil. Add the all of the dry spices, chill powder mixture, small chopped Serrano pepper, stewed tomatoes, water and garlic. Cook chili mixture on low heat 1 –2 hours.
Microwave Chili With CheesePlace the cream cheese on microwave proof plate. Pour the chili mixture over the cream cheese, sprinkle with the grated yellow or white cheese and microwave for 1-2 minutes on high.
ServeServe with chips, crackers or veggies.
If you are looking for a really delicious dip for the football game, watching movies with the family or you are having a party, this is a great dip, it is warm and filling, and your guests are going to love it.
Yumm, delicious! Thanks for watching, to learn more, visit us on the web and About.com Food.