Video:How to Remove Fluoride From Waterwith Anne Marie Helmenstine
Learn how to remove fluoride from water to drink more natural, unprocessed water. Here are some tips on how to remove fluoride from water.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Remove Fluoride From WaterMost people are aware that there is a controversy surrounding public fluoridation of drinking water. There are several ways to obtain drinking water without fluoride.
Reverse Osmosis FiltrationThis is used to purify several types of bottled water, so some bottled waters are unfluoridated. Reverse osmosis systems are generally unaffordable for personal use.
Activated Alumina Defluoridation FilterThese filters are used in locales where fluorosis is prevalent. They are relatively expensive and require frequent replacement, but do offer an option for home water filtration.
Distillation FiltrationThere are commercially available distillation filters that can be purchased to remove fluoride from water.
Some of the water purification methods that Do NOT Remove Fluoride are:
- Brita, Pur, and most other filters
- Boiling Water
- Freezing Water
- Don't take fluoride supplements
- Read labels on bottled beverages
- Consider using unfluoridated toothpaste
- Avoid drinking black or red tea
- Be wary of tinned fish and canned food items
- Avoid black or red rock salt or items containing black or red rock salt
- Avoid using chewing tobacco
- Avoid long term use of medication that contains fluorine