Video:How to Find a Cat's Agewith Franny Syufy
Understanding a cat's development is easier after learning how to find a cat's age. Here, see this helpful method for how to find a cat's age.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Find a Cat's AgeYou will be able to understand your cat's development more easily if you have a general idea of his age in human years.
Method for How to Find a Cat's AgeThis method and the age chart will point the way for you.
Keep in mind that variable factors, such as heredity, diet, environment, and physical and medical care may affect your cat's comparative age to that of a human.
This kitten shown here is 6.5 weeks old. As you can see, he's far advanced physically over a human baby of that age.
Calculating a Cat's AgeTo calculate your cat's age, follow these simple steps:
- 1.Allow 15 human years for the first year of your cat's life.
- 2.Add nine years for the second year. A two-year old cat is approximately 24 human years old.
- 3.Add four human years each for successive years of his life.
Using a Chart to Find a Cat's AgeSo a chart to calculate your cat's life will be:
- 1 year old cat is 15 years
- 2 year old cat is 24 years
- 3 year old cat is 28 years
- And a 4 year old cat is 32 years
Thanks for watching, to learn more visit About.com
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.