Video:Tips for Time Management in the Officewith Tim Tyrell-Smith
Using these tips for time management in the office can help you to complete each and every task thoroughly. Watch this video from About.com to see ways to manage your minutes and hours.See Transcript
Transcript:Tips for Time Management in the Office
Hi I'm Tim Tyrell-Smith, Marketing Coach and Career Strategist with TimsStrategy.com. Today I'm here on behalf of About.com to talk to you about time management tips in the office.
About Time Management in the Office
We all are getting busier at work, aren’t we? What took two people before now is just being asked of just one of us. So how do you stay ahead of the work and be more efficient at the same time?
Tips for Time Management
Here are some smart tips for being efficient at work:
1. Keep meetings to 30 minutes. And have a specific agenda, or specific goal for the meeting.
2. Avoid too much social time. Now it’s tempting to do this, but you need to get back to the desk on some days.
3. Keep a clean desk and a clean computer desktop. We don’t need any more distractions in life, do we?
More Tips for Time Management
4. Stay focused on the big priorities each week. Keep a list by your desk and make sure you stay on task.
5. Create rules for incoming email. Now you may need tech support to help you with this, but this way, messages sent to you directly are seen first, and those you are copied on are seen second.
6. Stop hitting the "reply to all" button on email, and perhaps others will do the same.
7. Check in with your boss once a week on priorities and make sure you’re in sync.
Effective time management in the office will allow you to get the right things done, and within a reasonable time frame. This way you can get home on time, more often.
Thanks for watching. To learn more about time management or other career topics, visit us online at About.com.