Video:How to Make a Good Impression at Workwith Tim Tyrell-Smith
Making a good impression at a work place is important, especially when you're new to a company. Watch this how-to video from About.com to see tips for presenting yourself in the best light.See Transcript
Transcript:How to Make a Good Impression at Work
Hi I'm Tim Tyrell-Smith, Marketing Coach and Career Strategist with TimsStrategy.com. Today I'm here on behalf of About.com to talk to you about making a good impression at work.
Making a Good Impression at Work
How you come across at work matters. It starts on day one, and re-starts each Monday when you arrive back at the office. And it’s true that we want to spend more time and provide more support to people we really like and feel good about, so make positive impressions each day in the workplace.
Ways to Make a Good Impression at Work
Here are some ways to do that:
1. Be good at what you do. We respect that in you.
2. Be responsive to others. Make sure that you are taking care of them, and they will take care of you.
3. Talk up your department, those in it and those that support it. When the department is strong, everybody inside of it is strong.
More Tips for Making a Good Impression at Work
4. Network inside your company by inviting new people to lunch each week
5. Offer to help with a big project. You may stay a few extra hours one day, but you’ll really get the value.
Follow these tips and you will make positive impressions with others at all levels within your organization. And you’ll leave them with the sense that you are really a fun and valuable member of the team. T
hanks for watching. To learn more about making a good impression at the office or other career topics, visit us online at About.com.