Video:Freezer to Oven Wild Rice Turkey Casserolewith Stephanie Gallagher
Want to learn how to make wild rice turkey casserole that you can freeze and heat up at a later date? Here, see instructions for making this dish.See Transcript
Transcript:Freezer to Oven Wild Rice Turkey Casserole
Hi, I'm Stephanie Gallagher for About.com. And today, we are making a wild rice turkey casserole from our Busy Cooks site.
Ingredients for Freezer to Oven Wild Rice Turkey Casserole
For this recipe, you will need:
- 3 cups cooked wild rice - if you're planning to freeze this casserole, undercook the rice by 10 minutes
- 3 cups chopped cooked turkey - this recipe is perfect for after Thanksgiving, but you can substitute leftover cooked chicken if you that's what you have on hand
- 16 oz. frozen French cut green beans, thawed - if you're planning to freeze this casserole, don't thaw the green beans
- 1 17 oz. jar alfredo sauce
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
Instructions for Making Freezer to Oven Wild Rice Turkey Casserole
Combine the rice, turkey, green beans and alfredo sauce in a large mixing bowl. Mix with a spatula or large spoon until well-combined. Transfer the mixture to a 1-1/2 quart baking dish, and smooth the top over with your spatula.
More Information About Making Freezer to Oven Wild Rice Turkey
If you're planning to freeze the casserole, wrap tightly with foil. Before baking thaw overnight in the fridge. When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Now sprinkle the casserole evenly with the bread crumbs. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes until the bread crumbs are browned, and the casserole is bubbly.And here's your wild rice turkey casserole.
Thanks for watching. For more great recipes just like this one, join us on the web at About.com.