Video:Managing Pop Up Windowswith Don Schechter
Want the solution to dealing with those pesky pop-ups? Learn how to manage pop up windows in Internet Explorer and Firefox.See Transcript
Transcript:Managing Pop Up WindowsHi, I'm Don Schechter for About.com Computing. Today, I'm going to show you how to manage pop up windows in Microsoft Vista using both Firefox and Internet Explorer.
Manage Pop Ups in Firefox
- OPEN Firefox
- CLICK Tools / Options
- CLICK 'Content' tab
- CLICK to check 'Block Popup Windows' box
- CLICK 'Exceptions' button to choose which websites you want to pop-up
- TYPE in sites you want pop-ups from
- CLICK 'Allow'
- CLICK 'OK'
If you CLICK Options, you can allow the pop up, edit the pop-up blocker, or click on don't show this message when pop-ups are blocked. If you CLICK Edit the pop-up blocker, you can add this website to your exceptions list. If you CLICK allow the pop up under the drop down menu, it will automatically add the website to the list.
Manage Pop Up Windows for Internet Explorer
- OPEN Internet Explorer
- CLICK Tools / Pop-Up Blocker / Turn On Pop-Up Blocker or Pop Up Blocker Settings
- TYPE websites you want to allow to pop-up
- CLICK 'Add' to add them to the list
- CLICK high, medium or low filtering level for Internet Explorer to block what it thinks are unwanted pop-ups
- CLICK 'OK'
Another trick is holding the CTRL key when clicking on a hyperlink to a pop-up.
Thanks for watching. For more information, please visit us at computing.about.com.
About videos are made available on an "as is" basis, subject to the User Agreement.